2011年11月29日火曜日

DS106#5-WebAssignment-Google Translate Fail

This is my last blog post for ds106...I have chosen topic from Web section, and chosen "Google Translate Fail". The reasons I have chosen this topic is because I have been thinking that Google Translator is suck for long time, and I hardly use google translator in my daily life. Anyway, I will show you how stupid google translator is...


I first put famous word from Japanese Animation, "One Piece", into Google Translator.


I put “海賊王に俺はなる”(Kaizoku ou ni ore wa naru) which is the famous word that Luffy who is the protagonist of One Piece says in the story.  The proper translation of this sentence is "I will be a king of pirates".



OK...I will put it into Google translator....

1)海賊王に俺はなる→I will pirate king




um...????
the english does not really make sence...it actually need "be" between "will" and "king".

OK....then..I will put "I will pirate king" into Google translator and translate English to Japanese.

2)I will pirate ing →私は海賊れます(watashi wa kaizokuouremasu)

What????
This translation does not make any sence...!! First of all, you need to put  "にな" between "王" and "れます".
海賊王(king of pirate) is noun, but somewhat Google translate recognize "king of pirates" as verb.

I think the reason why Google translator could not translate correct is because the word "海賊王に俺はなる" has different gramatical order from English.


I recommend all of you guys to put some interesting Japanese words or words from anime or somewhere to put into Google translator, and Google translator make you fun!!

1 件のコメント:

  1. This is what I do when I am toooo bored!!!! Its just fun to play with this Google dictionary because it always surprises me! hahahaha

    返信削除